We all have a story. Share yours now !
Stories have the power to motivate, unify and empower a nation.
You don’t have to be a professional writer to be a part of the GoodNews Team.
Consider the following and make your stories GoodNews-worthy!
- Don’t be afraid to go all out in your writing. Make your post more engaging by tying your personal story into what you are talking about. Storytelling is key.
- Be creative with your images – minimum of 3 images per article including memes, gifs and short videos. Violating copyright laws is unacceptable. You must own the image or provide a direct link to the picture/memes/gifs/videos used in the article.
- Inspiring articles are quality articles. Keep your stories simple with the desired impact it needs. We don’t want you to limit yourself but knowing when to stop is a skill (and you know it!). Include a call to action – like a tweetable phrase, a question at the end, or even a request for specific comments.
- Make sure your stories are legit. Verify your sources. You MUST include the source of your news (website links, screenshots and details of print media, video links, authors, etc.) Plagiarism is not cool.
- All online submissions must consist of a single document in Word format (.doc or .docx).
- Your bio at the end should be two to three sentences – short and to the point. You can also mention any books or other articles you have written. Make it super easy for people to find and connect with you.
- Winners & Rewards – Published stories are entitled to a cash prize of RM80. Winners of the ‘Most Shared or Viewed Article of the Month’ will be entitled to a cash prize of RM300. Winners will be notified via email at the end of the month. The organisers/Goodnews Editorial team, reserves the right to select winners at their sole discretion. Although not anticipated, competition rules and prizes may be changed or altered at any time.