Today’s The Day To Find The Awe In Awesome!
Happy International Day of Awesomeness!
Bet you didn’t know there is an actual day dedicated to ……. awesomeness! Yes, you heard it right!
Come to think of it, all of us have different levels of awesomeness! Did you wake up and get to work on time today? Now, that’s awesome! Managed to hit the gym? You go! Did you help a colleague to complete a project at work? That’s epic!
Whether you did something extraordinary or average, don’t dismiss the fact that you are still awesome!
We managed to source a few interesting details about this day of awesomeness!
1. It all began (as a joke) in August 2007 by a man named Kevin Lawver. His intern, Freddie Maneiro suggested that Lawver’s awesomeness at work should be celebrated, which they did and Lawver agreed to share the sentiment via Twitter.
Check out the viral Twitter post below:
I think it’s time to push for a National Day of Awesomeness. Who’s with me?
— Kevin Lawver (@kplawver) August 6, 2007
Thanks to the power of social media, it took on a life of its own and in no time, the International Day of Awesomeness was declared on the 10th of March. Coincidentally, it is also the birthday of martial-arts actor, Chuck Norris (an awesome martial-artist, no less!).
2. “No one is perfect, but everyone can be awesome”. This famous motto is often associated with today’s celebration.
We all need some encouragement every now and then, especially when we are stuck in a rut. Always remember: We have the capacity to be awesome. All that matters is taking control of things and turning it to your advantage.
3. How do we celebrate this day of awesomeness ? Just be you! Gather your friends and appreciate the awesomeness within each other by celebrating the various feats of awesomeness, big or small!
Here are some awesome quotes to make your day.
1. Awesome people have awesome attitudes and do things awesomely. If you want to build and maintain an awesome attitude, get into the habit of living in the present and doing it now.
2. Positive thinking will let you use the ability which you have, and that is awesome – Zig Ziglar.
3. Life is what you make it, and I plan to make mine awesome!
4. If you want to be average, do what others do. If you want to be awesome, do what no one does – Alexander Den Heijer
Whatever you do, remember to have fun and let your awesomeness shine!
* Feature image sourced from wallpaperflare.com