Yesterday, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced a RM40bil economic stimulus to aid Malaysians during the economic challenges associated with the latest MCO lockdown.
The aid was dubbed: “Program Strategik Memperkasa Rakyat dan Ekonomi Tambahan” (Pemerkasa Plus).
Here are the important points of Pemerkasa Plus:
For the People
– RM2.1bil for the Bantuan Prihatin Rakyat cash aid.
- Households earning below RM2,500 will receive RM500.
- Households earning between RM2,501 and RM5,000, will receive RM300.
- Single Malaysians will get RM100.
– Automatic bank moratorium
- For B40 groups.
- Those who lost their jobs.
- Small-medium enterprises not allowed to operate during MCO.
- Given the option of three months Moratorium or 50% reduction in loan repayment for six months.
- It will start in June.
– RM1.5bil for the Wage Subsidy Programme under Socso.
– RM1bil in loan moratorium of up to 12 months and extend the loan period of up to 36 months, for bus and taxi operators.
– 30% discount in rental of business premise between May and July 2021 for Mara entrepreneurs.
– RM1.5bil allocation for businesses to get microloans with interest as low as 3%.
– RM2bil addition to the Targeted Relief and Recovery Facility for SMEs.
– RM500 under the Prihatin Special Grant (GKP), which add up to a total of RM1,500.
– RM500 as a one off aid to tourist drivers, taxi drivers, bus drivers and e-hailing drivers.
– Exemption of the Sales and Services Tax (SST) for imported passenger vehicles extended until Dec 31.
– RM450mil allocation to increase bed and ICU capacity for hospitals, teaching hospitals and ATM hospitals.
– RM550mil to cover Covid-19 miscellaneous expenses like medicines, reagents, and contract workers’ appointments.
– 500 healthcare personnel due to retire this year, to be re-appointed.